Looking back - a running recap of 2021
Our favourite moments from last year that made running possible for all of us.
We’re now back to full speed and ready for a new exciting year in front of us. But first, let’s take a look at our favourite moments from last year that made running possible for all of us. It’s a glimpse of 2021 showing a year full of fun events, fast races, interesting collabs, and product collections.
We want to thank you for being part of our valuable running tribe and spreading good vibes, support and passion to keep us all running out there - community is key.
As the world opened up again, we were lucky to arrange some super cool events both locally and globally:
- The debut of SAYSKYRACE here in Copenhagen
- Saysky Sub Rosa Series for the first time in the US together with our retailer Heartbreak Hill
- The Architecture Run with Danish Architecture Center
Last year also included some interesting collaborations with brands and personalities:
- Troels Carlsen x SAYSKY - A collaboration with the Danish artist Troels Carlsen to celebrate art, running and the antiquity by inviting human creativity and personal expression into the running scene.
- To Øl x Saysky - Together with our Copenhagen beer-brewing friends from To Øl we crafted ØLECTROLYTE, a refreshing post-run beer with added electrolytes for better rehydration.
- Runners Coffee & Mug made together with Custom Coffee - We teamed up with our good friends from Custom Coffee to create the best coffee for all you badass runners that need an extra kick.
Moreover, we launched a range of new technical products and collections to our SAYSKY selection. To cover a few of our favourite items:
- Element 3L Waterproof Jacket - proudly released our first waterproof running jacket, a technical waterproof running jacket to withstand both the wind and rain in drizzle and downpours.
- Backpacks - The Backpack Collection introduced three new bags; Running Commuter backpack, Light Running backpack, and Bum bag. All three designed for the passionate athlete with an eye for the details, functionality and technical features.
- Compression 2 in 1 Shorts - A pair of shorts promoting blood flow to the thighs, which improve oxygenation of muscle tissue and let you recover faster.
- Pins - Every fan’s must-have gadget. Just a casual decoration and that subtle addition to your outfit.
- Towels - Soft towel to wipe away the hard work, or to show off at the beach day.
- Bandanas - Sports bandanas for the cool runners, designed for high performance with multiple ways of being used on the run.
- Blaze Pants - a warmer winter edition with improved features, but still the same fit and versatility as the regular Pace Pants.
- Hybrid Blaze Vest - a winter running vest to keep you warm and comfortable on those really cold runs - easy to layer and combine with other running products.
WORLDWIDE RUNNING TRIBE STORIES
We’re proud to share some unique stories from the SAYSKY Worldwide Running Tribe:
- The German Marathon Champ - SAYSKY Athlete, Alexander Hirschhäuser, won the German Championship Half Marathon in Munich.
- Running Blind with Hasebe Takumi - SAYSKY Athlete, Hasebe Takumi from Japan, was guiding his blind running partner, Wada, at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
- How to pronounce SAYSKY - We asked all our athletes to give their personal SAYSKY version to show the beauty of diversity and individual interpretation in our global running community.
- Let’s Levitate - an innovative sports brand, Levitate, that offers running blades for amputees to make running available to everyone.
- Dougie’s Debut - SAYSKY Athlete, Dougie Musson, ran hist first Marathon in the Elite Men’s section at the London Marathon.
- Leon’s Comeback - SAYSKY Athlete, Leon Kofoed, made an impressive comeback to his sport, after he broke his leg.
We’re already looking forward to an exciting 2022 with new races on the horizon, more collaborations and cool products to be introduced, plus all the inspiring stories from the SAYSKY tribe.