What is Tencel?
TENCEL™ is a brand name for lyocell and modal fibers, part of the viscose family. Tencel is produced by responsible processes using the natural material, wood pulp, originating from Aspen and Birch Trees.
Known for its natural comfort, Tencel is versatile and can be combined with a wide range of textile fibers to enhance the aesthetics and functionality of fabrics, while also improving the softness and comfort. Unique physical properties of the fibers lead to great strength, efficient moisture absorption and gentleness to the skin.
Tencel in Sportswear
Tencel fibers are popular in the production of sportswear, and well suited to wear for both running and sport activities. Due to the natural structure of the fibers, Tencel can regulate absorption and manage the transportation of moisture, which will contribute to your physical performance by keeping your body pleasantly cool and dry during activity. Furthermore, with the fibers’ natural comfort and versatility, it’s giving everyone the freedom to move with confidence.
The benefits of Tencel
- Botanic origin.
- Uses fewer natural resources - less land and water compared to cotton production.
- Is stronger and last longer than cotton.
- Is fully biodegradable and compostable.
- Gentle on the skin and has a soft and silky feeling.
- Less prone to wrinkles.
- Has a unique moisture absorption ability and is breathable.
- Helps with temperature regulation.
Are you as amazed of Tencel as we are? Then check out the SAYSKY Motion Series.