SAYSKYRACE is all about nasty hill sprints together with your best running buddy – over and over again. You’ll be running for the high with repetitive ups and downs throughout the entire race.
The concept is simple, but brutal. In teams of two, you’ll take on the hilly 1km course 8 times – relay style (4 times per person). Each taking turns climbing the mountain before descending back down into the bowl, where you’ll battle your way through the transition zone, in search for your running buddy to carry on the baton.
So get ready to go climbing on August 25, when we take on BaseCamp for the first ever SAYSKYRACE.
Price: 150kr per team.
Deadlines: August 18 or until sold out.
You’ll find more practical info about the format and just nice stuff to know further down.
For questions: email@example.com
- Relay race in teams of two
- Divisions: mix / women / men
- 8 x 1km laps (4 per person)
- Time cap: 60 minutes
- Heat 1: 18.00 – 19.00
- Heat 2: 19.15 – 20.15
- Max 50 teams per heat (mix / women / men divisions will all run at the same time)
- You’ll each take turns completing the course, before passing on the baton in the transition zone
- The course is circular, and it’ll take your through the winding paths of the bowl and up and down the mountainous building
Winner takes it all. No seconds. No thirds. Really, the prize is just a formality, because the race concept is about leaving the comfort zone, new challenges and having a super fun and suffering day together with your running buddy and all the other teams.
2 x 500kr SAYSKY Gift Cards for all winning teams
We are giving away 2 x 500kr SAYSKY gift cards for all the winning teams in each heat and division (mix/women/men). The gift cards are valid until September 12, 2021. There’ll be a super quick prize ceremony after each heat.
We’re being joined by Vitamin Well and Barebells who’ll take care of you with a free drink and protein bar for all participants. We still recommend that you also bring water yourself.
- When: August 25
- Where: BaseCamp Lyngby, Skovbrynet 2, 2800 Kongens Lyngby
- Wait? BaseCamp what? If the cover picture and video didn’t get you amped enough for the race, then Google it for more coverage.
- Registration: please register your team no later than 15 mins before heat start. Also, we recommend that you show up earlier to avoid delays.
- Race briefing: 5 mins before race start in the transition zone
- Toilets/gear storage: there are toilets in the building, but no changing or storage facilities. So, travel lightly and bring water. You can just leave your gear around the transition zone and watch over it, while you wait for your buddy to return.
- Shoes: no need for trail shoes, but be careful on the descend, as it can be a little slippery with loose gravel here and there.
- Music: we don’t allow headphones during the race, as we need you to be fully aware of your surroundings. Also, there’ll be plenty of music blasting from the speakers in the transition zone.
- Warming up: the course is open all the time, so feel free to use it for warming up or just scoping out the route. But please pay attention to other runners or spectators, since it’s not a closed venue.
- Transport: There's paid parking onsite and DriveNow/GreenMobility hotspots. You can also look for free parking spots around the local area (please respect the parking rules), but otherwise hop on the bike and warm up your legs. Alternatively, you’ll find Sorgenfri St. right next to the venue.
There’ll never be more than 50 people at the same spot during the race, so we’re well below the limit for number of people gathered outside at a public sports event. Otherwise, please refer to the general guidelines here.
We'll be taking pictures and shooting video at the event, some of which will be used for promotional purposes afterwards. If you do not wish to appear in either of these, please let us know. You're of course very welcome to share the pictures afterwards.